Welcome all, to the ninth Sunday Short. This week I’m trying something different, and going for the visual – a post demonstrated by pictures on finding beauty. Do you believe a picture tells a hundred words?
Things I’ve been thinking about this week – Finding Beauty
Marvel, wonder and awe; all words we use to describe beauty. Yet for a very subjective concept, there are a lot of similarities in how we find beauty. What is your approach to finding beauty? Is it a conscious or unconscious action? And how many places do you find beauty? I believe one of the keys to happiness is enjoying life and appreciating our surroundings.
Do you find the classical beautiful?
What about religious buildings?
And what about street art?
Or a mural of someone I admire, William Morris.
Are you a more natural landscape lover? Views from the top of the mountain?
Where are you personally finding beauty? Are you a fan of urban landscapes? Or countryside?
The Sunday Short also features a review of the past week and some thoughts on the coming week.
- Well, what has happened last week? I’m struggling to think of much on the memorable side, lots of catching up after my weekend away. Chores never go away.
- Good news, getting some positive results from the massive batch of trustee applications I put in, and have a few interviews in the diary now.
- And my legs were killing me after all the walking (and running) up the hills in London, so I gave them time to rest, and neglected by running back home.
- However, I’m well on track to get to my target of 100 parkruns this year, with #80 done on Saturday. Doing well on the attending side, less well on the speed side.
And the coming week
- Got a trustee interview later in the week, looking forward to it, but need to get some preparation done in advance.
- Aiming to get on the hardcore running bandwagon – the plan is running 6 days a week, and getting up early to fit this in.
Over to you?
- Has it been a good week?
- Any plans for next week?
- How do you find beauty?