Welcome all, to the seventh Sunday Short, this week on my blogging slump.
And yes, it’s Thursday, and this post has been procrastinating in my draft folder since Sunday. Along with quite a few other drafts that just need a little more thought.
Things I’ve been thinking about this week – Blogging Slump
I have hit it. The expected 3-month blogging slump. Things that used to be fun, new and exciting, have lost a bit of that new magic. And I’ve lost my enthusiasm.
So here is my request, I need your help, and am actively soliciting advice. How do I get over the slump? Do I just wait, or should I force myself to write and get the posts out?
I know that I need to persevere, to get through this. But how? This is a call out to all the more experienced blogger out there, what worked for you?
The Sunday Short also features a review of the past week, and some thoughts on the coming week.
- Another busy week at the day job, but you know what? When the weather is bad, it doesn’t seem too bad to be working away on the laptop and listening in to endless conference calls. Who wants to be out in the rain? And I always remind myself that I actually like my job, it can be very fun.
- As you may know, I am looking for additional volunteer roles that match my values. And I’ve been applying lately to quite a few that have come up – some long shots, some more realistic. And one that I was really interested in, a feminist travel charity has got back to, and after an interview, I am the new treasurer. Fabulous result, really looking forward to working with these ladies.
- And I decided to release some of the internal Type A pressure on myself and booked my next Chinese test for June, not the ambitious May. Time to get revising, and enjoy the learning process.
- Finally on the money side – I’m a millionaire. Well a dollar millionaire, which as a Brit is not a real millionaire, but I’ll take it as a quasi-millionaire, and an interesting milestone none the less.
Gardening season progress
- You know what likes rain? My garden. It has been very appreciative of the water recently. Especially since Thames Water have forced a water meter upon me, and I’m afraid it’s not going to be pretty.
- And my patience has been rewarded. As well as the salads coming along, the elusive broad beans and potatoes are now showing themselves. They are clearly in #teamrain.
And the coming week
- And it’s another bank holiday, so another trip away – got to maximise the holidays. This time it’s Portugal another new country, where I am visiting Lisbon for a city break. Has anyone been and got some tips?
Over to you?
- What items have you been thinking about this week?
- Has it been a good week?
- Any plans for next week?
- And any hints or tips to get over this blogging slump?