Wow, it seems like yesterday I started the blog Ms ZiYou, but it really was the end of January. So I’m going to use the month of February for my first review, how was my first month blogging? Drumroll please, here are the numbers.
Blog month numbers
- PageViews 5.1k <—– this really surprised me. I’m chuffed.
- Blog comments 181 <—– thank you so much to all commenters
- Alexa Rank 9.8m
- Twitter Followers 333
- Pinterest Followers 245
When I started blogging I did not know what to expect traffic wise. I have to say I was blown away by how many people (and bots) have visited my humble site, and even more so by those that have commented. Thanks a lot.
Where is my traffic coming from?
Here are my top 9 referrers for my first month.
- search engines
Fascinating insight, most of my viewers come from the right places, personal finance blogs. These are quality readers, who genuinely want to read and connect. Twitter is also proving very useful, sending more quality readers my way. Clearly I need to do some work on SEO so the search engines can find me.
Most popular posts
So February was a busy month, with 12 blog posts published, bringing the site total to 15. From those posts, the most viewed and commented on were:
How did other bloggers first months compare
I know in the PF world we don’t like keeping up with the Jones, however I did want to see how well my blog was doing compared to others. Please indulge me in my weakness, as I select the cream of the crop to compare myself to.
- Ms 99to1percent – did awesome and blew the fish out of the water with 9.2k pageviews, although her reports details that a lot of work went into this. Amazing!
- Olivia at BirdsofaFire – also aced it with 3.3k page views and an incredible Alexa rank of just 1,4m.
- FrugalAsianFinance – yet another amazing start with 5.5k pageviews and already writing CSS code to modify her theme.
So I’ve got me some amazing role models to look up to there. Thanks for sharing all the details with us, I’m finding these posts really, really useful.
Plans for next month
- I need to up my Pinterest game. On the list is making pins for all my posts, adding them to the post so others can also pin them
- Group boards are also a focus, thanks to those that have already added me to theirs. If you are contributor to any personal finance boards, can you please add me?
- I’ve started a new Financial Independence group board that I’m building up before advertising – if you want to help, just let me know
- Search Engines
- I’m not getting picked up by the main search engines easily, so I need to up my SEO efforts (as in start them) to learn what works and what I need to do to rank. Any tips?
- Aim to get to 500 followers – are you following me?
- Still steadfastly ignoring this, nothing has tempted me to budge yet
- The feminist theme is coming out in March to celebrate International Women’s Day.
Over to you
- How was your first month blogging?
- Do you have plans for the month or go with the flow?